Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye West.....Relax!!!

I usually don't watch television such as the MTV video music awards, but I came home tonight and my roommate was watching it. The first thing I see is Kanye West making himself look like an even more douche then he already is. Taylor Swift had just won an award and when she got up on stage to receive it, Kanye goes up and takes her mic before she can say her thanks. He then goes on a rant real quick on how he thinks Beyonce made the best video. I wondered in my head if this was some kind of race issue. It just looks like it because he is going up there to take the mic away from the whitest girl on earth and takes it to say how Beyonces video is so great. She happens to be black. I'm not sure if this is the reason why he did it, but either way it looks this way. Do you think race has any motivation in Kanyes bullshit rant? I'm not sure myself, but he seems like a piece of shit.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man. I just posted a huge blog about this one lol. Totally agreed. I love Taylor and felt awful for her last night. I also think it was a race issue. I bet if Taylor wasn't the whitest girl on the planet...then Kanye wouldn't have acted like such an ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift's music, I don't have a problem with her but I'm just not a country music fan. That being said, what Kanye did to her was a complete travesty. She was just trying to accept her first VMA ever and she was doing it very graciously until Big-Mouth had to butt his nose in where is doesn't belong. He couldn't help his ego-maniacal personality, he had to make it the Kanye Show. And that Twitter apology...what horseshit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that being an asshole is a universal trait manifest in all races, Nate. I think this issue is interesting to study in this course, but was his actions were probably not motivated by race. Brian, i'm not a country music fan either (and to be honest, totally thought taylor swift was a dude), but she looked so cute up there and should have been allowed her moment to shine! i'm sure there would have been no shortage of cameras on Kanye after the event, he could have let it loose then.

    ReplyDelete