Thursday, April 9, 2009

Smartphones


About 6 months ago, I had to buy a new phone, so I decided to test out apples new iPhone. I was aware that it did many things that other phones could not. Even though I went into this purchase with the open mind that the iPhone was pretty crazy, I was still blown away. The amount of free and pay for applications that you can get for this phone is amazing. Last week I bought a two dollar application that lets me stream live audio of any police and fire station across the country. I could never imagine as of a couple years ago, this being possible. I catch myself listening in on the LAPD because they seem to have a lot of action all the time. In the past couple times listening, I have listened in on so many crazy murders and hostage situations. It blows my mind that I have the right to do this. I never thought technology would be this advanced. How much farther are we going to be able to go?

2 comments:

  1. The only reason I've held off from getting an iPhone is the fact that it's locked in to AT&T--once Verizon can carry it (way better on the Cape) then I think it's all over. Good to hear that you've been pleased w/ your purchase. I think I could be persuaded to follow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to roll over and buy one of those. But from what I've heard the iPhones have some ridiculous apps, i.e. "GottaGo", (see link) http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10013834-1.html

    Next, they'll be cooking us dinner, walking our dogs and breaking up with our significant others' all by the touch of a button.

    ReplyDelete