Thursday, November 26, 2009

Call Of Duty 2

I recently have been playing the new Call of Duty. I know I recently had posted about diversity in video games, but I felt this was worth writing about. In the game you have generals and other authority figures. I find that there are litte to no authority figures that arent white males. I dont know if there is a reason for this but I started to realize it more and more throughout the game. I wondered what was keeping the poeple that made the game from making the head authority figures more culturally diverse. Do you play any video games that are like this, and have the same lack of diversity?

1 comment:

  1. Call of Duty 2 is kind of the exception to the rule. I believe the game is set in World War II, which historically speaking, meant that that there are virtually NO blacks that are high authorities figures. So the game is just trying to remain accurate to the times. Also army units were segregated until Korea I believe. BTW do you mean Call of Duty 2 or Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?

    ReplyDelete