Friday, October 16, 2009

South Park is Back


The new season of South Park is upon us. There have been two episodes and they have both been really good. South Parks humor much like other humor revolves around offensive material. The first episode is a spin off of the movie The Sixth Sense, with Ike. But instead of seeing dead people he is seeing dead celebreties. Since there have been a high number of celebrity deaths this is a good topic. Some of the people included in the episode were Billy Mayes, D.J. AM, and even Michael Jackson. There were also many more to name. I think that the more offensive the humor is, the better the show is overall. Do you think that there is a line between offensive and funny. If so where is that line? Personally I dont believe the line should exist if it does.

6 comments:

  1. I think that South Park is so great. It is such a socially relevant show. The show is so cleverly funny and well written. A joke by defintion is inapporpriate and thus why it is funny in the first place. When South Park "makes fun" of something they are most usually just highlighting the lunacy of the given subject. I don't allow myself to become offended because I realize it is all done in jest, not malice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so happy it is back too, those episodes were good i cant wait for more

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree south park is hilarious and well written. i like to think that you can say anything you want to say as long as it is humor but i think that there is some sort of line. theres ways of being funny and then theres ways of just being insulting. im a huge fan of south park and family guy so those are obviously offesive shows that maybe sometimes cross the line but personally i think thats when its the funniest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree that South Park and Family Guy are both socially and politically relevant and ridiculously hilarious. I agree that crossing the line from funny to offensive makes things even funnier. The thing is I think that line HAS to exist specifically for that extra hard laugh, like that is so funny but i can't believe they actually put that on TV kind of thing. If there was no line there would be nothing to cross, and it wouldn't be considered funnier because of it. (If that makes any sense)haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of pretty much anything that's related to comedy. I personally prefer Family Guy over South Park. I think both are really great shows. One is not better then the other. It just depends on the kind of person you are. Personally, what I like about south park is the fact that it kind of reflects our society and as a matter of fact also confronts its viewers, us, and in the end that's what comedy at its best does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm going to differ. i never liked South Park. I found it annoying to just listen to. It just sounded like a bunch of whiny characters being over-controversial. It never really appealed to me. I haven't really watched Family Guy much but the ones I have seen were very funny. There is a big difference between those two for me.

    ReplyDelete